Re: Window Manager trouble/Thanks

Glenn Becker wrote:

> OK,
>
> Here is what I get when I try to start WindowMaker into a vanilla X
> display:
>
> install: cannot stat `/etc/GNUstep/Defaults/WindowMaker': No such file or directory
>
> And indeed, there is no such file there. Which says to me that something
> is wrong with the wmaker installation; however, I have done apt-get remove
> on wmaker a few times, and nothing has changed. Weird.

  that's strange, on my system:

jojda:~>dpkg -S /etc/GNUstep/Defaults/WindowMaker
wmaker: /etc/GNUstep/Defaults/WindowMaker

  and the file is indeed there. do you get any errors when trying to
install wmaker? did you try to purge it and then reinstall? what do you
get when you run the above dpkg command?

  there are quite a few active bugs against wmaker pacage, lot of them
over one year old, maybe it's not even maintained anymore?

> fvwm is no longer a problem because there was just an upgrade in testing
> and the new package works ok. sawmill I may just have to live without.

	erik