more post-upgrade weirdness: debconf
In addition to (but perhaps tied to?) my window manager problems, there
appears to be something ... odd about the debconf package (or I just don't
know what I'm trying to do with it).
1) when I run command debconf as root (or non), I get command not found
2) when I run man debconf, the system grinds for a bit, spits out some of
those 'dangling symlink' man page warnings, and finally says there is no
man page for debconf. HOWEVER
3) when I apt-get install debconf, the system tells me that debconf is
already the most recent version, and
4) if I try to apt-get remove debconf, I'm told a giant slew of packages
are *ALSO* gonna be deleted.
5) update-alternatives --config debconf gives no alternatives for debconf.
Thanks in advance,
// G l e n n B e c k e r |
// I don't wanna kill my china pig. |
// -- Captain Beefheart |
// firstname.lastname@example.org |