Re: Dselect - a difficult beast to tame

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 02:03:15AM -0200, hzi wrote:
> Good people of the community-
>
>     Why on God' s green earth didn't developers ever think of end users when they made dselect?
>     I simply can't understand why it doesn't accept a simple path (e.g., /cdrom/debian/potato) to some files I burned on a CD! Is there any easy way? Any documentation?
>     It seems irrational that developers didn't make it accept a simple path to files...I can't install a browser in Debian, so here I am, using Windows...
>     Somebody help!!

Use "apt-get" see the man page for "apt-get" and "sources.list"

After you set up /etc/apt/sources.list just -
# apt-get install netscape-smotif-476

or whatever version you want that is one the server your pointing to.
Conversely you should be able to point it to your cd if you don't have a
fast connection.  See "man apt-cdrom"
hth,
kent

--
I'd really love ta wana help ya Flanders but... Homer Simpson