Re: NIS - shadow configuration on potato not working.

    Paul> I can ypcat all of the other maps, except for shadow. (This
    Paul> is expected as there is some encryption happening.) I need
    Paul> to have an /etc/shadow file on the client.  If I shift a
    Paul> user to the end (after the +:::::::: line) then the system
    Paul> fails to get the authentication information. (Can't log in!)

ypcat on shadow won't work.

I think you need

ypmatch shadow.byname

or something, but I have since converted to openldap, so can't test
this out anymore.

(also check that the shadow files are being built on the server, this
is not done by default...)
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>