updating packages

Hi!
	I've got a notebook presario 1245, and a pcmcia net adapter. I
need to update the pcmcia modules (I guess, as i had the same problem with
suse 7) in order to make work the net adapter. I guess that if the updates
of pcmcia stuff was available on suse will be on debian...
	My questions are rather simple:
Where do I check for the last pcmcia packages? (besides debian.org and
freshmeat)
How do I update a simple package? like new-pcmcia.deb?

Remeber I need to do this via diskettes before using apt-get dist-upgrade
from the net

Thanks in advance!