Cannot get iptables to work in 2.4.1 and compiling question.

Hi,

 I get the error "command not found" when I type "iptables". I know I compiled every "net" option in the kernel (choosed y).  What am I doing wrong? Not much to go on, I know....

 Also what does "make modules" do, does it create an image like "make bzImage"? I have 2 comps running linux at home: a 1Ghz t-bird and a p166. Compiling on the p166 is painfully long. I would like to compile everything on the 1Ghz and then transfer the bzImage and the "modules image" (if there is one, following make modules) to the p166 and make modules_install there. Is that possible? Or would I need to make dep on both comps, make bzImage on the 1ghz, transfer the image and make modlues and make modules_install on the p166?

Thx in advanced.