Re: Still No Cursor in X About to give up!!

Hi!

Sorry, I did not follow this thread from the beginning, and maybe this has
already been proposed or ruled out, but could it be a problem with your
graphics card? I had the "square white box cursor" problem once on an ELSA
Winner 1000 T3D and got rid of it by disabling the hardware
cursor. Appropriate section of XF86Config follows below, note the 'option
"sw_cursor"' line.

Hoping on the slight chance that this might help,

  Manuel

---XF86Config

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Elsa Winner T3D"
    VendorName  "Unknown"
    BoardName   "Unknown"
    VideoRam    8192
    ChipId      0x8a10
    Option      "sw_cursor"
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection