Toshiba Laptop and PCMCIA Xircom net card

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4200 with a Debian stable system but
with 2.2.18 kernel (for USB). Everything works OK (even usb), but when
I tried to to insert an PCMCIA Xircom Ethernet card (CBE2-100) the
system hang up. The keyboard doesn't respond and I must hard restart
the system. Five month ago the same system but with kernel 2.2.12 worked
without problems with the same card. I tried with the old kernel but
it doesn't work, it must be some PCMCIA packages upgrade which broke
the system.
My config files are standard except config.opts which has a clause:
exclude irq 12

Please help me,
Dan