Re: Still No Cursor in X

hammack wrote:

> Andrea, Thanks for the response.  I think I tried your suggestins.  Below is
> my setup for the mouse in gpm.config and XF86Config:
> gpm.config:
> device=/dev/psaux
> responsiveness=
> repeat_type=raw
> type=psw
> append=""

[...]

As someone else suggested, try stopping gpm before launching X or trying to
configure X (via some graphic configuration utility that right now i don't
remember the name, where is dexter =).

Maybe i've missed the first post, but it could be useful to know your mouse
model (How many buttons has? Is a branded one?).

This list is full of very talented and knowledgeable (it's the right word? my
english sucks!) people, i think your mouse problems will be sorted out quickly.
Do yourself a favor, don't try another distro ;)

Andrea

P.S. If all fails, why not spend 10 bucks to buy a cheap OEM Logitech wheel
mouse (i became addicted to that darn wheel), so i could give you my
configuration that can confirm it's working perfectly right now =)