what do you mean you can't find stdio.h!!!

Ok, maybe I'm a looser, but I thought that the standard c libraries were part of the libc package. In any case, I'm trying to compile some code using gcc, and sure enough..."can't find file stdio.h" At fist I think maybe it's not in my path. I checked, and it should have been. Then as root:

box:~# find / -name stdio.h
box:~# find / -name iostream.h

no hits for EITHER! if the standard c and c++ headers are not in libc, then where the heck are they?

maybe I'm stupid, but any help you could give me would be most appreciated.

-jeff