Re: what do you mean you can't find stdio.h!!!

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 11:15:36AM -0700, Jeff Weatherford wrote:
> Ok, maybe I'm a looser, but I thought that the standard c libraries were
> part of the libc package.  In any case, I'm trying to compile some code
> using gcc, and sure enough..."can't find file stdio.h"  At fist I think
> maybe it's not in my path.  I checked, and it should have been.  Then as root:
>
> box:~# find / -name stdio.h
> box:~# find / -name iostream.h

apt-get install slocate
updatedb
	# updatedb does the find, once
locate stdio.h
	# very fast, no resource hogging

i think it'll also install a weekly cron hook to
call "updatedb" to keep up with the times as you
massage files on your system.

--
See, if you were allowed to keep the money, you wouldn't
create jobs with it. You'd throw it in the bushes or

will@serensoft.com    ***    http://www.dontUthink.com/