Re: what do you mean you can't find stdio.h!!!

Luckily the standard C library is installed, or else all would be broken.
However the headers are not necessarily installed. Depends on the type of
installation you chose.

In general:
The libfoo.deb package will contain the libfoo.x.y.so binary files, but
not the  foo.h headers, since they'll only be used if compiling stuff.
The headers can be found in libfoo-dev.deb

In this case, libc6-dev

so apt-get install libc6-dev  should do it

HTH,
Romain