Re: Dist-upgrading to Woody (Testing)

Benjamin Pharr <benpharr@freedom2000net.com> wrote:
>Late last week I installed potato from a CD onto my test box.  I
>dist-upgraded all the packages in stable, built a 2.4 kernel, and installed
>modutils from unstable so I could load modules from 2.4.0.  At this point
>everything was still going fine, not a problem in site.  Next I add sources
>for "testing" to my sources.list and typed "apt-get update" and then
>"apt-get -u dist-upgrade".  It downloads over 100MBs of software and then
>starts installing it.  It does okay for a while, but then it bombs out on
>installing LILO.

"Bombs out"? Can you show us the full error message? It can probably be
fixed.

(A known-broken version of lilo somehow made it into testing recently,
and it will overwrite your existing /etc/lilo.conf. It might be a good
idea to manually download the lilo package from unstable and install
that by hand with 'dpkg -i'.)