Re: Sound

On 30 Jan 2001, T. Green wrote:
> newbie to debian
> I have ensoniq audio PCI  model (ES1371) sound card, An  I can't get it
> to make a sound.
> Anyone know what  is needed to get the card to produce sound.
> Tkank you
>

> --

I just compiled it into the kernel (no modules) and it worked "out of
the box". In fact, it was so easy I didn't believe it was working at
first!

Have a look at dmesg; you should see something like:

es1371: version v0.27 time 18:24:00 Jan 17 2001
es1371: found chip, vendor id 0x1274 device id 0x5880 revision 0x02
PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:0a.0
es1371: found es1371 rev 2 at io 0xe800 irq 10
es1371: features: joystick 0x0

If this is there your card was recognized at boot and it should be
working.

Anthony

Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian (Windows-free zone)
Over 100 book reviews: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/bookreviews/
Skeptical essays: http://www.cix.co.uk/~acampbell/freethinker/

"The most common of all follies is to believe passionately in the
palpably absurd. It is the chief occupation of mankind." - H.L. Mencken