Re: xterm

Thank you, Erdmut, for you answer.

> To quote from the manpage that comes with the most recent source
> distribution of xterm (e.g. http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.tar.gz):
>
>                static int charClass[256] = {
Do you know the reason why for characters 170 and 186 the default table
use 170 and 186? They are in separate set. To solve my problem I put
in my .Xdefault file:

*VT100.charClass: 170:48,186:48

> I can't tell you the exact version in which support for this was added.
> If you are interested in all the details, you might want to browse the
> changelog at
>
> http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.log.html
>
> (though that's probably more than you want to know :)

xterm -version says that I have: XFree86 3.3.6(88c). I can't find
this one on http://dickey.his.com/xterm/xterm.log.html

Maybe I should install a new version. Anyway I figure it out that
I have a version with a older documentation.

> Also, if you are not afraid of reading the source, have a look at
> the file "charclass.c" from the source distribution...

I don't know C. I know fortran and I knew pascal. I could figure it
out that line 86 from charclass.c:
SetCharacterClassRange(160, 191, -1);
is responsable for my trouble.

Thank you again for your help.

Ionel
--
                     Ionel  Mugurel    Ciobica
 Schuit   Institute  of   Catalysis    Phone: 00 31 (0)40 2473781