Re: openssh and non-free ssh coexisting

On 29 Jan 2001 12:44:03 EST, "Paul D. Smith" writes:
>%% Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> writes:
>
>  rw> I´ve got network equipment which only supports RSA-ciphers
>  rw> <sigh>, so obviously I cannot use OpenSSH (which supports only
>  rw> blowfish and 3des) with it.
>
>Not obvious at all.  The RSA patent expired last September, and there is
>no restriction to using RSA in OpenSSH (or anywhere else, for that
>matter).  OpenSSH does support RSA (or rather, it will if your OpenSSL
>library has support for RSA built in, since OpenSSH uses OpenSSL for
>this).

Hmm, I tried building both openssl and openssh from source, having
 rsaref installed, and AFAICT (I´m not a programmer, only a lowly
 network engineer ;) ) openssl is built with RSA-support, as is then
 openssh. But I still can´t find any "rsa" or similar cipher. But it´s
 quite possible that I bang my head against the wrong walls.

I´ve put the compilation logs on http://www.waldner.priv.at/ssh/ to
avoid unnecessary list traffic, but if someone would care to help me,
I´d be most grateful <shy grin>

TIA,
&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /