Re: Fwd: File updates req'd for network(2nd try)

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 04:30:54PM -0600, ktb wrote:

> > # The loopback interface
> > iface lo inet loopback
> >
> > # The ethernet interface, configured by etherconf
> > iface eth0 inet static
> > 	address 24.14.246.95
> > 	netmask 255.255.255.128
> > 	gateway 24.14.246.1
> >
> > iface eth1 inet static
> > 	address 192.168.1.1
> > 	netmask 255.255.255.0
> > 	network 192.168.0.0
> > 	broadcast 192.168.1.255
>
> Can you access the "outside" from your debian box?  This list isn't for
> windows but all you have to do is set up tcp/ip pointing them to your
> gateway 192.168.1.1, give them an ip and reboot.  If that didn't or
> doesn't work then I would open your firewall rules wide open to see
> if there is a block there.  Next the masquerading.  Also you mentioned
> all was working until you added another nic.  Are all your indicator
> lights (nic and hub) all lit up?

That is exactly how I have the 2 windows PC's configured, with one
as 192.168.1.100 and the other as 192.168.1.102  I've had the same
results with or without the firewall rules.  Incidentally, I'm still
running the same rules as when I just had one other PC attached, and
they worked fine then.

jdk