Lots of problems: libc6, RAM not recognised etc.

Hello all::
I have just installed debian on a nice 'n fast i686 computer but have had
lots of problems getting the system working. If anyone knows a solution to
any of these I would very much appreciate the mailing of said solution to me.

1) RAM not recognised.
I have 256mb of ram, but only 64mb are being recognised. I have a MEM=256M
line in lilo.conf (this worked in mandrake) but it isn't working here. How
can I get it all to be seen??

2) Libc6 (& liblcms & libmng)
I have installed kde2 , but to do this I needed to install libc6 2.2...
instead of 2.1.3.... . I think it broke my compiler (well it doesn't work)
and when I tried to install libc6-dev it said it needed the older version,
but liblcms and libmng need the newer one. I don't know how to get out of
this, or to get gcc working for that matter. Have already reinstalled gcc.
Configure scripts say I am missing 'makeinfo'.

3) Sound n printer
Any tools in debian to set up sound or printer? Otherwise I'm off to manpages
and the wonderful world of emacs..

Thanks for the help,,

Kyle

--