Re: Linux Partitions

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 01:42:12PM -0800, Leonard Leblanc wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am going to be running a Linux box as Firewall/DNS/WWW/FTP/POP and maybe some other network applications.  I was wondering what your suggestions would be for Partitions.  I have already ready the Partition HOWTO, but still aren't quite sure what partitions would be best for my applications.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Karsten has put together a mini-FAQ at -
http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/partition.html

At minimum I would make a /var partiton in addition to /.  Personally I
would go with -

/
/usr
/var
/tmp
/home

Of course you need a swap partition as well.
hth,
kent

--
I'd really love ta wana help ya Flanders but... Homer Simpson