Re: need to add 255.255.255.255 to route table

> Nick Barron wrote:
>
> hello,
>
> I recently installed a fresh potato box from 2.2r
> I need to add:
> route add -host 255.255.255.255 dev eth1 to my route table to make
> windozs boxes happy w/ dhcp allocation
>
> where can I add this line to execute at boot?
>
> using 2.1 w/ 2..0.X I was able to add it to /etc/init.d/network
>
> that file no longer exists and has been replaced by
> /etc/network/interface
>
> I have tried to make an executable script and adding a link to
> /etc/rcS.d and rc3.d call S38interface, but that doesn't seem to work
>
> thanks for any thoughtful suggestions

>From `man interfaces`:
 up command
              Run  command  after bringing the interface up. This
              option can be given multiple  times  for  a  single
              interface.  If so, the commands will be executed in
              order.  If one of the commands fails, none  of  the
              others  will  be  executed,  but the interface will
              remain configured.  (You can ensure a command never
              fails by suffixing "|| true".)

so you could add this line to your /etc/network/interfaces for the
interface in question:
	up route add -host 255.255.255.255 dev eth1

--
Morgan Terry