Re: crontab ?

The reason I asked that crontab problem was,
I use crontab using Backup scripts using <file> and it always works fine
and if I stop outgoing network traffic using crontab + ipchains rules
everything works well too.

The main problem is, why does cron not understand network parameters while using
specific <file>.
I have tried ifconfig eth0 down,  /etc/init.d/networking stop, etc... simulating
Madrakes usernet command,
and  have test it with different distros,using  different editors too,
like Suse FreeBsd, and Rh -based os:s, with same success.

Timo