Re: Can't samba print to nt-shared printer on NT domain

Marcin Kurc wrote:

put it in your princap

lp|remote-smbprinter:\
         :lp=/dev/null:sh:\
	          :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
		           :if=/usr/local/samba/bin/smbprint:
and modify the attached smbprint

OK, this worked. Now there's just a couple of minor little issue left.

1. I have to send several copies of the printjob to the printer to get it to print, and then it doesn't print the last page. I assume this is because some sort of end-of-document control code is not being sent, and therefore the printer has to wait until it's buffer is full before it prints the page.

2. Printing from Mozilla produces a lot of control codes; I assume this is because Mozilla assumes it's printing to a postscript printer.

I have magicfilter installed, and I suspect that if I could feed my printjobs through it these issues would be fixed; however, I don't know how to use magicfilter since the if in my printcap is taken by the smbprint script.

Any help anyone?

tia

Kent