Re: Can't samba print to nt-shared printer on NT domain

On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 06:45:18PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Marcin Kurc wrote:
>
> > put it in your princap
> >
> > lp|remote-smbprinter:\
> >          :lp=/dev/null:sh:\
> > 	          :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
> > 		           :if=/usr/local/samba/bin/smbprint:
> > and modify the attached smbprint

[[I seemde to have mist both the above post and the attachement,
  would love to have it too, as I've to set up samba printing]]

> I have magicfilter installed, and I suspect that if I could feed my
> printjobs through it these issues would be fixed; however, I don't know
> how to use magicfilter since the if in my printcap is taken by the
> smbprint script.

not being a printer man I thought that adding a redirection level
(with :rp:) in your printcap would solve this, like

lp:smb-printer:\
	:lp=:rp=raw-smb-printer:sh:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/smb-printer:\
	:if=/your/magic-filter/here: