Re: Connecting to a Microsoft Proxy Server

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 03:27:07PM -0500, MaD dUCK wrote:
> also sprach Miller, Jim (on Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:22:34PM -0500):
> >   I have Debian 2.2 Rev 2 running on an NT run network.  The Internet
> > Connection here is via a Microsoft Proxy Server.  What is the easiest way to
> > connect to the Microsoft proxy server.  I am interested primarily for
> > running apt at this time!!!!
>
> quit your job. work for a real company.
> no, seriously, i have looked into this before but micro$oft proxy
> server is so disabled that it needs client side software to be able to
> route packets. sure, it's part of their business model, but it's
> approximately the dumbest way to do it!

If it's configured to not provide standard proxy service - only the
queerly authenticated MS proxy service, then your best bet is going to
be to set up a Windows machine with something like www.wingate.com and
use that as a proxy server to feed your Linux machine.