Re: Connecting to a Microsoft Proxy Server

also sprach Miller, Jim (on Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:22:34PM -0500):
>   I have Debian 2.2 Rev 2 running on an NT run network.  The Internet
> Connection here is via a Microsoft Proxy Server.  What is the easiest way to
> connect to the Microsoft proxy server.  I am interested primarily for
> running apt at this time!!!!

quit your job. work for a real company.
no, seriously, i have looked into this before but micro$oft proxy
server is so disabled that it needs client side software to be able to
route packets. sure, it's part of their business model, but it's
approximately the dumbest way to do it!

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--