Re: cpqarray issue

Thanks. I had a sneaky feeling late last night that this is what I'd have to do. The question then remains: Why do I suddenly need to do this? I didn't have to when I loaded 2.2.17. Is this such a special case (having only a Compaq Smart2 SCSI RAID array and not a regular IDE drive)?

Hopefully Debian can look into this a bit. I'm sure there are others out there that would like to run something very similar (oh, like some folks I know at VA Linux).

I'll try this. Again, thanks for the advice and for saving me from punting to an IDE/RAID combo kludge.

At 08:39 AM 1/26/2001 +0100, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
:-> "Eric" == Eric N Valor <eric.valor@lutris.com> writes:

    > Anyone got any bright ideas?  Something interesting is that if I do a
    > "depmod -a", I get a rash of "unresolved symbols" but if I depmod the
    > modules individually it seems to work fine.

I had to manually create the /dev/ida directory, and then run MAKEDEV
from inside /dev
This will probably make the machine complain of "no space left on
device", at which point you will do a
rm /dev/ida/c0d[1234]*
You will be left with a bunch of devices all ending in - (for example
c0d0p1-) which are not recognized by the install process. You'll have
to rename them without the dash.
At this point you can continue as usual.
Hope this helps

Remember, all the above stuff is not in / but rather in /target :-)

Pf

Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it - http://gusp.dyndns.org Firenze - Italia | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.0 #1 Sat Jan 6 14:27:38 CET 2001 i686 unknown

--
Eric N. Valor
Webmeister/Inetservices

- This Space Intentionally Left Blank -