cpqarray issue

I've got a Compaq Proliant server with a RAID array upon which I'm trying to load 2.2.r2. I've got a load of 2.2.17 on it already, but because I've been installing and screwing around with stuff I'd like to wipe it and get a clean load. The RAID array is the only HDD system in the box. Previously I'd cart over a floppy with cpqarray.o on it and load that module after booting with the CDROM. Then I could do the partitioning, etc.

Now when I try to do the same thing it quietly fails. I can depmod the module no problem, modprobe it with no error, but when I do an lsmod it returns "(not used)" by the cpqarray module. Matter of fact, every module I try loading gets the same treatment. The module was created on another system from the exact same 2.2.r2 CD as the one I'm trying to load on the Compaq.

Anyone got any bright ideas? Something interesting is that if I do a "depmod -a", I get a rash of "unresolved symbols" but if I depmod the modules individually it seems to work fine.
--
Eric N. Valor
Webmeister/Inetservices

- This Space Intentionally Left Blank -