Re: about stable and unstable

To quote Xucaen <xucaen@yahoo.com>,
# I am running stable as my primary operating
# system. I needed something stable to learn from.
# and actually I am very happy with it so far.
# (even tho I have been posting like a mad man!
# ;-)

Good plan. :)

# On that note, is testing available on CD, or
# perhaps I should simply "upgrade" to testing from
# stable? comments? suggestions??

No CDs are available, you just install a base Potato system, then
'apt-get -fu dist-upgrade' after editing your /etc/apt/sources.list .
It's usually a bumpy ride.

# ahhh.. so maybe this is how I can do it?
# will this upgrade stable to testing? Or upgrade
# stable to unstable? which is more fun to play
# with?  :-)

'testing' is probably what you want. Whether you upgrade to testing or
unstable is detemined by whether you reference "testing" or "unstable"
in /etc/apt/sources.list.

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)