about stable and unstable

--- "David B. Harris" <dbarclay10@yahoo.ca>
wrote:
> To quote "Dr. Aldo Medina"
> Potato is the
> stable distribution, and is
> generally meant for servers. When you install

I am running stable as my primary operating
system. I needed something stable to learn from.
and actually I am very happy with it so far.
(even tho I have been posting like a mad man!
;-)

> Woody/testing and Sid/unstable are generally
> what people run on their
> desktops. Woody is "safer" than Sid, in that

when I get more familiar with stable, I'm going
to install testing on another machine, just to
play with, that way I can check out the new
stuff, and be ready for it when it becomes
stable.

On that note, is testing available on CD, or
perhaps I should simply "upgrade" to testing from
stable? comments? suggestions??

> So, if you want more recent packages, you
> should change all references
> to "stable" or "potato" in your
> /etc/apt/sources.list to either
> "testing" or "unstable".

ahhh.. so maybe this is how I can do it?
will this upgrade stable to testing? Or upgrade
stable to unstable? which is more fun to play
with?  :-)

thanks!!

xucaen