Re: Postgress installation...

First log in as the postgres super-user (generally, username is
postgres) and do:

psql
create user nacho with password xxxxx createdb;

which will allow user nacho to create databases.

There's a lot of good documentation for postgresql in the postgres-doc
package, or via www.postgresql.org. There's a new book by Bruce Momjian
which is available online via the website.

Andrew J Perrin - Ph.D. Candidate, UC Berkeley, Dept. of Sociology
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - http://demog.berkeley.edu/~aperrin
        aperrin@socrates.berkeley.edu - aperrin@igc.apc.org