RE: Getting feedbak from fetchmail

Title: RE: Getting feedbak from fetchmail

What you'll need to do then, to get something like that, it write a small perl script that executes fetchmail every X number of seconds/minutes, and on startup, initialize a transparent terminal, Eterm for example, and set that script as the executing program.. i.e., this is what I use to watch my syslog:

Eterm -W -O -g 80x10+785+0 --borderless --scrollbar=0 --menubar=0 -e tail -f /var/log/syslog

so you could modify it to do, say..

Eterm -W -O -g 80x10+785+0 --borderless --scrollbar=0 --menubar=0 -e /some/path/foo.pl

Of course, you'll need to modify the geometry information and coordinates to suit your own needs.