modeline -> sony A220

Hi,

I am trying to run Debian Potato on an AMD K6 with a Sony Trinitron
A220 (http://www.sony.be/wa/showroom/computerapparatuur/monitor.html)
monitor.  I was wondering whether somebody could help me with setting
the correct modelines for this monitor.  The specs say

          1024 x 768 à 88 Hz
	  Vertic. 48 - 120 Hz
	  Horiz. 30 - 70k Hz

* Are the new monitor protected against incorrect frequencies (the
"out of sync." message) or is it possible to destroy them ?

* Does somebody have experience with this monitor ?  How do you set
the modelines (for XFree 3.3.6-11) in a way to make sure the monitor
is not damaged?

Thanks for any help,
ChriS