Re: upgrading a built-in video card

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Joseph Anthony De Los Santos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Right now, I am  currently using  a pathetically underpowered built-in video card (s3 virge) for my debian pc. I would to upgrade it to a much better one. My question is would my built-in card cause me any trouble? I  think that it won't since xf86config asks me what kind to use but I am not really sure.
>
> Thanks for any info.

No, you won't have any problem. I've had a computer at work for several
years now that was a Dell Optiplex that has some sort of video on the
motherboard. I've never used it and bought a better PCI video card. Just
specify the card in your XF86Config file. I've always used XF86Setup to
configure XF86Config, but that's really another story, how you get the
file is another thing.