Re: A secure FTP replacement

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 06:38:09PM -0500, Arcady Genkin wrote:
:Is sftp not available as a Debian package?  Couldn't find it in
:dselect.

I don't see it for "stable" either, though it is showing up on my
"unstable" boxen.

You could get the source and recompile against you're installed
libraries.

Other file transfer options are samba (not much of a security win
there, possibly even a loss), and scp.  I have a free (atleast like
beer, I think like speach) scp client for windoze, if you're
interested I can either send it or dig up the URL.

Recompliling sftp is really you're best option (IMHO), unless someone
else has already done it.

-Jon