DHCP questions for dispose5@hotmail.com

I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc me on any replies.

I'm a current dialup user, changing to DSL imminently.  I also have a
LAN Masqueraded behing that connection and plan to continue that.

My (new) DSL provider tells me I need to use DHCP to obtain my IP address,
etc.  No problem there, I remember that Debian has DHCP-related packages
listed in dselect.

Now comes the problem.

There are too many packages to know where to start.

Could you provide a brief explanation (beyond that in dselect) of which
packages are intended for what purposes?  There seem to be a number of
pacakges which apparently do the same thing, and there's no way for me
to know which to use and why.

BTW, if it matters, I run BIND on a machine *behind* the gateway, for
192.168.* addresses.  I have on intention of moving this to the gateway,
or anything else of course, for security reasons.  But if there is any
information I'll need as a result of this, please advise me.

I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc me on any replies.