Re: install/partition weirdness; 60Gig ATA100 HD

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 03:49:16AM -0800, Chris Palmer wrote:
> Hi, all...
>
> I'm trying to install a new system from a Debian 2.1 CD I
> have (VA Linux Debian 2.1 Install from the store shelf that
> has the 2.2.12 kernel on it) and I'm just running into some
> really weird stuff.
>
> Well, after partitioning (about 59Gig for / and 2 x 128MB
> for swap partitions) and then waited 10 hours for the
> block tests to complete, it all looked good.
>
> Then the "moment of truth"... the reboot.  The system came
> up with all kinds of disk issues for fsck.  Lots of duplicate
> block warnings (can't remember exact words, but something
> like duplicate blocks and/or inodes, maybe?)
>
> (...)

I don't know whether you've already come across the large-disk-howto:

http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/Large-Disk.html

Maybe you'll find something useful there (especially the 34 GB limit
that used to exist with somewhat older kernels...).

--
Erdmut Pfeifer
science+computing gmbh

-- Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut! --