kernel-source-2.2.18pre21

Hi all!!

sorry to bother you with this.Do I need to
install anything else along with the
kernel-source-2.2.18pre21 package besides bin86
and libncurses(for menuconfig)? I just want to
make sure I don't miss anything. (e.g. I noticed
there is an IDE patch. will I need this?)

I'm installing the aureal vortex sound drivers
(from sourceforge) but I need to rebuild a kernel
that includes soundcore because of unresolved
errors (? at least that what the README says)
Has anyone else done this?

thanks!!

xucaen