Re: Frequent download time outs

Hi,

I too face many times such problems on my dial up connection. Just
yesterday when I tried to download the rpm files of icewm, two of them got
downloaded properly but the icewm-common file was just timing out in
between. I tried it many times, but could not succeed. Finally a fellow
icewm listers has sent me that rpm file by mail.

Today I tried to download SDL latest version. The SDL binary rpm got
downloaded properly but the SDL-devel package was timing out. I wanted the
devel package for compiling some stuff I had downloaded from Freshmeat.

Is this problem of the Host site or ISP ???

Presently I am using SuSE 7 and will be shifting to Debian soon. May be
this week itself.

Regards

Rajesh

Carl Johnson saw fit to inform me that: