Re: configuring ethernet?

Forrest English wrote:
> i have a pcmcia NIC that i want to use in my laptop, i managed to get the
> base system installed from floppies.  but, now after the install, i need
> to setup my network connection.    is there an application that i can use
> to do this?
>
> there was netcfg for redhat.  what do i use in debian?

For PCMCIA cards there's a utility called something like pcnetcfg or
pcnetconfig ... something along those lines, anyway.  IIRC it'll prompt you
for a few things, and then set up the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts file for you.
Then do a 'etc/init.d/pcmcia reload' and all should be well.  It's been a
while since I had to do this on my laptop, but it worked easily.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.