Re: Do Win4lin, kernel 2.2.18, X4.0, and Voodoo work together?

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 03:15:35PM -0800, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> I am interested in trying Win4lin on my Unstable system, but the company has
> kernel patches only up to 2.2.18 (I'm running 2.4.0).  I also have a Voodoo
> 3000 and run X 4.0.

Heh.  Sucks, don't it?  I emailed Netraverse about that, and 2.4 support will be available before WinME is supported.  :)

> Are there problems running the Voodoo card with 2.2.18 and X4.0??  Doesn't
> 2.2.18 require the 3dfx.o module (which I believe conflicts with the X
> server in 4.0) ??  Or is there a way to get these to work peacably together?

No, read more about X4.  While you don't need 3dfx.o, the X server will try to load tdfx.o for a V3.  For this, you need DRI enabled as a module in your kernel.  You don't need AGPGART, since the 3Dfx cards of this generation don't use AGP texturing.

--
-=|JP|=-    "This space intentionally left blank."
Jon Pennington          | Debian 2.4                 -o)