Re: epson stylus color 740 - ugly printing

I use my Epson 740 flawlessly on Linux & FreeBSD 4.2.
I have used my same setup on RH, SuSE, Caldera, MD,
Debian, and FreeBSD.  Works on all systems.

I do NOT use cupsys.  I use the standard lpr/lpd.
To be truthful with you I don't even know what cupsys is :)

What I have is three queues:  lp=720x720,  lp1=360x360,
and lp2=1440x720.  All three queues work great.

I wrote an install script that will copy the Epson740
drivers to the Ghostscript directory, put in a new
/etc/printcap file, create /var/spool/lpd/{lp|lp1|lp2}
directories, and your done.  You just have to "restart"
the lpd daemon.

All you have to do is:
1) remove cupsys??
2) install lpd
3) install enscript-letter
4) install ghostscript
5) run my install script

If you want I can tar up my script and the Epson740 ghostscript
drivers and email them to you tonight when I get home from the office.

Let me know at:   cwaiken@telerama.com

Good Luck...

-=[cwa]=-