RE: Debian is safer than this ? I REALLY HOPE SO !

Greetings,
	Well, I just happen to be checking my log files when I came across some
unusual access requests.  I run portsentry and it didn't report anything,
however I do have ftpd listening (my portsentry config does not check that
port).  I found some odd ftp requests, so just to be evil, I nmap'ed the
offenders.  All of them had http running, so I jumped over to my browser and
popped in the IP address.  Voila!  Ramen Crew!
	The server I have is stock debian 2.2 i386.  I track security.debian.org,
and it didn't get me.  I suggest people check their log files, you might
find something to laugh about.

Brooks