ultra simple mail aliases

argh.  This is a RTFM problem, but I can't figure out which FM T R . . .

I need to set up trivially simple mailing aliases.  Particularly,
I want a message to lawteam1@this.machine.edu to go to a list
of specified addresses (just 4, typically) at other sites.  (This is
for communication between teams in my law class).

I thought that it was /etc/mh/MailAliases or /etc/mail/aliases,
but these don't seem to be working.  I know that I've done this
before . . .

(I've set the reply-to to both me and the list, as I'm getting a broken
digest or two every day . . .)

thanks

hawk