Want TrueType fonts for Debian?

I just spent a few hours wrestling with getting my Windows TrueType
fonts working in my Debian 2.2 system (XFree86 3.3.6).

I used the xfs-xtt server to do this, not the xfstt server.  Not sure
which is better, but the results I got were quite nice.

Since it involved a good bit more than the typical trivial "apt-get
install" that most Debian packages require, I wrote up some
instructions that might help the next person get there more quickly.

If you don't want to move to XFree86 4.x yet but would like to have
TrueType fonts, you might find these notes handy.

Check it out:

  http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/debian_tt.html

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools