An easy question... maybe?

Hello everyone --

   I'm writing to the list on the advice of joey@kitenet.net (Joey Hess)
(editor of the Debian Weekly Newsletter) because he says he can't think
off-hand of anyone in particular I should EMail for advice about my sur-
prise Xmas present.  Also of course because I'm a Linux newbie, else ei-
ther I wouldn't have to ask or would already know whom to ask, right?

   Here's the situation:

- I'm running what my Linux-guru son calls an "old" version of Debian
     Linux on an HP Vectra 500 with a 133-MHz Pentium III, 80 MB memory
     and a 3.1 Gig HD;
- Said guru son and my wife got together and surprised me with gift of an
     HP DeskJet 932C printer as an Xmas gift;  It does both B/W and color
     and is supposed to be the best thing today since good sex;
- It's connected to the Linux-box's parallel port and runs as LPT1;
- I set it up using /usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig, and answered all the
     questions, and it asked for output filter.  Well, in /etc/magicfilter
     there are:  deskjet-filter,  dj500-filter,  dj500c-filter, dj550c-
     filter and NO dj932c-filter.  So we tried dj550c-filter (seemed
     like the latest that had a 'c' suffix like this dj932c I have);
     Uh-uh, the poor thing couldn't even print straight ASCII text
     properly;
- So after all the experts had gone, I tried it all over again and ans-
     wered the output-filter question with just plain 'deskjet-filter'--
     Now it works great, not only with straight text but also from out of
     Netscape-- postscript and all-- but only in B/W.  No color.  No way.
- So the basic issue is:  How to print both B/W and color?  Is there a
     dj932c-filter laying around among someone's systems or archives?  Or
     is anyone thinking of creating one?  Or can anyone tell me how to
     modify anything I have to make this dj932c thing really work pro-
     perly?

   My utmost gratitude in advance!...

Regards,

- Phil