Re: apt-get trouble

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 12:26:20AM -0600, Jorge Santos wrote:
> Hello, just wondering if anyone can help me with this problem I've been
> having and can't figure out:  when I do an apt-get update I get errors
> from several different servers, randomly, it seems, here is the stderr
> from the `apt-get update' command (last time I tried it):
>
> Failed to fetch
> http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/stable/non-US/main/binary-i386/Packages
>   The http server sent an invalid Content-Length header
[snip]

is there a http proxy sitting between you and the internet
intercepting http ?

you might want to change to ftp:// sources and see if that solves it.
your apt lines look correct to me.  i had someone else i was helping
encounter this and changing to ftp is what solved it.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/