dropped out of potato install sequence

This is probably not a bug, but my careless fingers caused the 2.2r2
installation sequence to bail, leaving me at a login prompt.  I'm
sending this note in the interest of maybe improving the installation
sequence for other clumsy new* users. (* new to Debian; I've used SuSE
and RedHat for a few years.)

This was just after going through the package select, then anXious
dialogs, at a prompt which said I'd chosen 49 MB of packages which would
take 100 MB disk space, and ended with the prompt "(Yn)?". I typed "y",
then saw that "Y" was in caps; hit "Y", so now had "yY"; tried backspace
which did nothing; tried Ctl-H, which landed me at a login prompt.

I'm not sure how to recover/restart the install, and don't see a
troubleshooting section in the fine manual that covers this contingency.
Running dselect shows a much more detailed package listing than was
displayed during the install dialogs. Is it possible to run a command
to run through the install profiles (tasks) from the command line?

--
Ken Irving <jkirving@mosquitonet.com>