MUA Blues in X

i've got the MUA blues, badly, i'm feeling slightly depressed, let down and so on.
I'm also freaking out on text-based mailclients (i know, i'm a wuzz) and can't find a reasonalby good X-MUA.
Mutt, is to much of a hassle for me and lacks some feature. Pine seems like really good but darn i want point-n-click.

Balsa, crashes and has some usabiliy issues i really do mind.
Spruce, same story. Segmentation fault after reinstall of my system.
Evolution, would not install. /usr/bin/ld : -ldb not found
Cronos, same story as Evolution
Mozilla mail, oh god ! can there really exist something slower than mozilla ? that crashes as often as it does ?

and so on and on and on

tkmail, tkrat, tried it but didn't really got thrilled.

Do i REALLY have to install kde to get something close to say outlook express (i know, i know, but it beats any linux mua i've seen)

Suggestion PLEASE.

J.L.