Fwd: video card suggestions

I have a NVIDIA TNT2 M64 video card and am a first time user of
 debian. I am using version 2.2r2.  I am having three problems :

 1. the resolution is pretty bad.  I have windows in the first partition of
my computer,
 there the windows resolution is much better. But after configuring my
xwindows
 the background of the debian icon looks really bad, with a very low
resolution.
 can you tell me how to optimize the resolution ?

 2. Initially after configuring my xf86, I had a x window which is four times
larger than
 my monitor screen.  According to the suggestion of some helpers in this
group,
 I  changed some of the lines in the xconfig file starting with "mode" in the
SVGA part
 of the screen section keeping only 800X600 and deleting the higher modes.
 that way the x window now fits exactly in the monitor. This gives a
artificial solution to that problem, but I really don't know why that
happened in the first place.
 But still, some other windows are bigger than the screen.  for eg, if I open
GMC window, it is of a higer dimension than the monitor and so I have to move
it around
 to see the whole of it. Do you know any solution to this problem ?

 3. Is it possible to change the size of the windows as can be done in MS
windows
 with the help of the mouse ?

     thanks for any help you can provide.  If you can't find what the sources
of these problems are, could you just post the xconfig file of someone using
the same video
card, may be I can compare it with mine and check what is wrong.
   thanks.
     nitai

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Matthew,
[...]

of these problems are, could you just send me your xconfig file, may be I can
compare it with mine and check what is wrong.
  thanks.
    nitai

--- End Message ---