Re: video card suggestions

I've got an Nvidia TNT2 M64 in my machine and am more than happy with it: the 2D is not as good as Matrox cards, but the 3D is very good, so long as you are using a 2.4.0 kernel with the patched drivers and an X 4 server. You also have to do some manual removing / re linking of the various mesa libraries - it takes a bit of work to get it set up, but after that it runs great.

Matthew